Welcome to Winston Academy of Engineering!
Design a flight plate falcon that will fly at least 10 feet while following the constraints below.
- Choose a type of plate for your falcon (paper, foam, etc.)
- Cut out the falcon template and attach. Click here for the full-size template.
- Attach weight that is no larger than a penny to the nose of the falcon.
- Measure ten feet outside. Test your flight plate falcon.
- If your falcon does not fly 10 feet make adjustments until it becomes successful.
- Record your data.
- Return to school with your data collection sheet by November 20th.
- You will test your flight plate falcon against your classmates. The winner will compete grade level wide to determine a champion!
- Falcon template
- Tape measurer